Technology Training on Demand
BLACKBOARD TRAINING ON DEMAND
ITS’ Blackboard-certified trainers are available to provide customized, face-to-face Blackboard training workshops for groups of five or more. Workshops can cover single or multiple topics. To request a customized Blackboard training workshop for your department, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Popular training topics include:
• Blackboard 101: an introduction to using Blackboard.
• Assessment: creating tests and surveys.
• Assignments: creating, grading, and returning assignments to students.
• Blackboard Basics: setting up and organizing a course, making it available, getting help.
• Grade Center: setting up and using Blackboard’s Gradebook.
• Turnitin and GradeMark: checking for originality, providing student feedback, grading work.
• Using Multimedia: uploading, embedding, and using multimedia content in a course.
One-on-one consultation and general assistance requests may also be sent to email@example.com.
BLACKBOARD SELF-HELP RESOURCES
As a USC faculty member, you have full access to lynda.com, a comprehensive online training provider offering more than 1,200 video-based courses on a broad range of computing topics, including many step-by-step tutorial videos on how to use Blackboard. Lynda.com can be accessed either from Blackboard by clicking the Login button at the bottom of the home page or by visiting the USC lynda.com website at www.usc.edu/its/lynda/. Most videos at lynda.com are less than five minutes in length.